Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Eggbeater Guns

While looking at Antiques I came across an Egg Beater Drill from Miller Falls.  The drill was probably made in the early 20's or 30's.  It was in great shape and only $14, so I thought what the heck.  It is really cool to piece of history.  It really amazes me how much quality was put into this tool.

When looking for these look for eggbeater drills look for Nos. 2, 2A and 5 made by Millers Falls. All the drills were made to a really high degree of precision.





Here is a cool article on the hand drills.
Here is a great resource for hand drills called Old Tool Heaven

1 comment:

  1. nice, those are all in good shape. I have a few Goodall Pratt and Millers Falls hand drills that I have found at garage sales. Usually can find several a year and can get them at a good deal.

    Michael
    Millers Falls Hand Drills

    ReplyDelete